Happy Monday Everyone!!!
Burrr... Baby it's cold outside! I know it isn't winter yet, but it sure feels like it here in Northwest Indiana, well except for yesterday (which was humid, windy, and tornado watch laden). I swear our weather here is like menopause.
So in honor of our impending snow and cold weather fronts, I have decided to share with you my top five winter essentials. Wait, I am not going to show you a bunch of scarves, gloves, hats, or fleece lined leggings (which I am in dire need of), I am going to show you my top five winter BEAUTY essentials. Basically those things that I used to make myself comfy and usually only use them in the privacy of my own home. AND I am not talking about my snuggie. Yes, I have one, so don't judge.
1. Dove purely pampering body wash in almond and hibiscus- I need all of the moisture that I can get in the winter, and this stuff seems to lock it in.
2. EOS lip balm in 'Sweet Mint'- I love love love this for chapped lips!
3. Fuzzy socks that are infused with Vitamin E and Aloe for a moisturizing effect- My feet are so dry from wearing nothing but flip-flops all summer, so these fuzzy socks help me keep my feet moisturized and prevent the painful cracking that I am prone to.
4. Clinique Moisture Extended Thirst Relief Face Moisturizer- This amazing gel/cream hydrates and gives my skin a supple and firm look. I am addicted to this stuff. I put it on right after I wash my face, and it keeps my dry skin at bay. Btw... Garnier makes a great dupe of this stuff that is 1/4 of the price!
5. Ology Milk and Honey body lotion- I picked this up on a recent trip to Walgreens and put it on my hands as soon as I got home. Not only does this stuff smell amazing, but it hydrates like none other. The smell is not over powering, the stuff is all natural and without harsh chemicals, and it is relatively cheap.
There ya go, my top five winter beauty essentials. All of them are relatively cheap, except the Clinique (so try the Garnier dupe), but each one makes winter a bit more bearable for me.