*I was given product in exchange for a review, but opinions are all mine*
Today I am back with one of my personal favorite skin care lines, Valentia. I recently had the chance to review their new facial serum and again fell inlove. I have had the chance to try quite a few of Valentia's products (all via Brandbacker) and I love the line for a few reasons:
- their products are alcohol free, paraben free, cruelty free
- their products are and made with 98% natural & organic ingredients
- the ingredients are specially selected to work together to achieve optimum results
A potent and luxurious lactic acid serum that supports natural circulation for an all over youthful and refreshed complexion.
- Renews texture & tone
- Deeply moisturizes
- Minimizes fine lines
- Increase elasticity
- Brightens & Plumps Fine Lines
- Evens hyperpigmentation
- Wakame Bioferment (Seaweed): Increases skin oxygen consumption to detoxify and boost antioxidant defense.
- Gotu Kola: Lessens the appearance of scars and increases skin firmness.
- Lactic Acid: A natural Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA) that increases skin cell turnover, for healthier renewed skin.
- Licorice: Lightens unwanted pigmentation and corrects skin discoloration.
- Argan Oil: Naturally rich in Vitamin E, this oil reduced water loss and protects skin's resiliency and elasticity.
At first I really wasn't a fan of the product because of the citrus smell. It was a bit strong, but once it faded, I was enthralled with the way my face felt: tight, hydrated, soft, and most of all, not irritated. Sometimes when I use face products, the fragrance is so strong for my sensitive skin, and I have to pop a Benedryl. But with this serum, I didn't have to.
The serum itself was on the thinner side, and quickly absorbed into my skin. However, I would recommend that if you do use the serum, you follow with a moisturizer. Like most serums, they aren't meant to be used alone, but as an added step.
After about a week of use, I have seen some minor changes. My face feels really soft in the mornings and my redness seems to be under control. I have NOT had any breakouts from the serum, which is such a good thing. Unfortunately, I don't have any fine lines (yet), so I can't really weight in on that aspect.
Overall, I believe that the Clear Lift Revitalizing Serum is a really good night serum.
Check out these other great Valentia skin care product reviews:
Valentia Royal Rose Hydrating Serum (which I still use nightly)