Other than the Cubbies winning the first game of the play offs, the Black Hawks season opener and the premier of American Horror Story on Wednesday, Honestly my week has sucked this week.... Work has been hell- I work as a Tutor in Juvenile Detention and well, our numbers have been up, so I've had to take on the role of a full time teacher for the majority of this week. I'm tired. Then my Dad is in the hospital with chest pains. They think it could be GI or stomach issues making him have issues, but they are unsure. And now I have a power steering fluid leak on my car. So instead of doing the whole... I'm so happy and these are all the lessons I have learned this week- here is some fun things....
Five goals for next week
1. Continue cleaning out closets
2. Schedule at least three blog posts (at the time of publication- two are already scheduled)
3. Take my lunch three times (I was able to make and take it once this week)
4. Take all totes full of summer clothes and items out side to storage
5. Find out more about obtaining my teaching license
Four favorite blog posts
2. Five tips to make your blogger blog load faster // Venus Trapped in Mars
3. Anxiety from two perspectives // Love the Here and Now
4. Twelve months of bliss // Ember Grey
Three favorite recipes
1. Cowboy Crack (from Living in Yellow)
I made this for my son's b-day party a few weeks ago, and it was the hit of the party! I used cheddar smoked sausage instead of regular cook-and-drain sausage, and it was just as yummy!
2. Whipped Cinnamon Pumpkin Honey Butter (from The Kitchen Mccabe)
After I made the Pumpkin Bars below, I had a bunch of pumpkin puree left, so I made some butter! Wow!
3. Pumpkin Bars (from The 36th Avenue)
Oh my, these were amazing! They were super easy to make and even lasted for a bit in my oven covered with tin foil.
Two upcoming posts for next week
1. Talking about insecurities round two
2. Current favorite beauty products
One new book to read
Larson is known for his historical books- and this one, I'm told, doesn't disappoint.
**Cheers to the weekend and