A year ago I decided to start putting my thoughts into words and typing them onto the blogger platform. I had no idea what I was doing, and I really didn't think I would come as far as I have in the past year.
I mean, I started out with the frame of mind that I didn't care who read my words. I didn't even advertise the fact that I even had one, let alone identified myself as a blogger. I was a writer. And I still am. Just a writer that has written over 250 blog posts, who's words have had over 40,000 total views and almost 600 readers (GFC & Bloglovin), and who's 140 charters or less quips of daily life reach over 1,300 twitter, insta, & facebook followers.
My very first de-virginizing post was my 30 by 30 list, so I find it only reasonable to rehash that list, and find out where I am a year later, right? Right.
Like I said, my first post when I started this little piece of the blogosphere, was detailing my thirty by thirty list. I made it a couple of months before I turned 28, and truthfully, I don't know where exactly my head was at when I made it. In the year after making it, I have realized that I had actually only completed four of the nine things that were checked off, and I actually never finished the damn list in the first place. Sure, this type of list should be one of those ones that you make on the eve of your 20th birthday, but we all know that 30 is the farthest thing from your mind at that point.
Anyways, the list (redone and finished)...
(the ones I have completed are highlighted with a date after):
1) Experience love at first sight. (completed September 2010 when my son was born)
2) Marry someone that I am deeply in love with. (completed September 2009)
3) Swim in the Atlantic, Pacific, and Caribbean Oceans.
4) Take my son on a boat ride.
5) Finish a novel (publishing not required).
6) Go to New Orleans. (completed March 2012)
7) Meet a celebrity. (Completed September 2010)
8) Find a job that pays well, and that I love.
9) Have a baby! (completed September 29... His name is Gavin)
10) Read and finish book. (completed 2013.. Fifty Shades of Grey trilogy... what can I say)
11) Go to a Chicago Cubs game, Chicago Bears, and a Chicago Blackhawks game.
12) Meet a moose at the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium in Columbus, OH.
13) Play with a Penguin in Gatlinburg, TN.
14) Go to Las Vegas and see at least one show. (completed September 2009)
15) Get another tattoo.
16) Go to Niagara Falls.
17) Take a trip to Washington DC, and visit all of the monuments and museums.
18) Obtain a passport and take a trip to Canada.
19) Go apple picking in Michigan.
20) To have a blog following of 50 within the first 6 months. (completed February 2014)
21) To buy a house.
22) Paint with a penguin.
23) Own a DSLR camera and know how to use it.
24) Get my graduate degree. (completed May 2014)
25 ) Ride an elephant. (completed May 2014)
26) See Garth Brooks in concert. (completed September 2014)
27) Celebrate five years of being married with the man I love. (completed September 2014)
28) Ride a four wheeler.
29) Meet at least one blogger friend. (competed July 2014)
30) Break my addiction to cigarettes.
To this date, I have completed 13 of my thirty by thirty list, and by the end of the year, I hope to accomplish at least four more! But to thank you all for being on this journey with me, I want to give you a chance to win a big ole' beauty bundle!
The contents include: two face masks, Tarte self tanner mini, Toni & Guy heat protect mist, Benefit Watt's Up mini, nail polish, W3LL People black eyeliner, Olay BB in light/medium, Maybelline Baby Skin, Simple moisturizer, toe separators, pink statement necklace, coral scarf, and a magical wine glass from my Etsy Shop (in your choice of color of course)!
Terms & Conditions:
-The giveaway is only open to US residents
. I'm sorry international friends, but I really don't think customs would allow me to send you everything pictured.
-Total value of the prize is less than $100.
-There will be only one winner.
-Once selected, winner will be contacted, and then have 48 hours to respond. If winner does not respond, another winner will be selected.
Good luck friends! And thank you again!!!