Kathy over at Him & Me nominated me for the sunshine award a couple of weeks ago, and seriously, it's an honor! About six months ago, I used to get jealous when bloggers were nominated for these little awards, but then I figured out why- they are genuinely nice people, respond to comments, and engage their readers. And when I started getting nominated, and felt like I had finally arrived! I was finally able to ride on the cool kid train!
Being nominated once for this award was surprising, but being nominated a second time... yeah, i'm speechless.
So, this time around, I decided that I would give you guys eleven facts about me, and answer Kathy's questions, but not nominate anyone. I know it's a little half-assed, but hey, this is my blog, and I can do what I want, right? :)
Eleven random facts about me
1. My favorite flower is the lily, but I hate the smell- it reminds me of funerals.2. I love the feel of grass on my feet.
3. I'm 5'4. Yes, i'm that short.
4. i love a good maxi dress.
5. I hate my legs, so you probably won't see me in shorts during the summer.
6. I get irritated rather quickly.
7. My favorite genre of music is country.
8. I am a very indecisive person- I hate making big decisions.
9. Though I would love the thought of living fearless, I never could. I would still have the anxiety that I would fail, in the back of my mind.
10. I hate heights, but love roller coasters. I guess you can say that I love to be scared?
11. I am horrible at spelling- thank the Blogging Gods for spell check.
Questions from Kathy
1. Without anyone getting mad, which blog would you most like to emulate? Why?
The definition of emulate is surpass, and honestly, there really isn't a blog out there that I would want to surpass or out do. Sure, there are some that I would like to equal in success, but that's the thing about blogging- everyone has their own personal style and their success is earned through hard work.
2. Is your job what you went to school for? If not, why are you working in a different field?
I guess? I currently work as a visit supervisor: I supervise court ordered visitations between non-custodial parents and their children. I went to school for criminal justice, so I guess you could say that i am working in my field :)
3. Which social media is your favorite? Why?
Instagram- I love taking pictures
4. Which social media is your least favorite? Why?
Facebook- too much drama
5. If you could have any animal as a pet, which would you chose? Why?
Penguin, because why not? They are so cute! Or maybe a moose. Wait, definitely a moose!
6. What is your favorite current TV Show?
It's a tie between the night shift, rookie blue, and suits.
7. What is the craziest thing you’ve ever done to your hair? Pictures, please!
About 6 years ago, I cut my hair into a "dyke spike" (is that politically correct?). I couldn't find any pictures, but I can tell you that it didn't look good, and was a b trying to grow out.
8. Which team/country is going to win the World Cup? Who will they beat to do it?
I'm not a soccer person, but I am going to be a band-wagon jumper and say USA. (Ok, apparently I was wrong, because I heard USA was knocked out, and is no longer in it. Like I said, I'm not a soccer person.)
9. Are you a Mac or PC? Or both? Which devices do you use?
PC- I am not a fan of Apple products. I think that anything Non-apple is more user friendly, and more customizable. I have a laptop and a cell phone.
10. What do you think is the proper way to express sympathy when someone passes away: a hand written card, an e-card, an e-mail, a phone call, or an in person “I’m sorry for your loss” (simply because you run into the person)?
If you personally know the person and are close, then a handwritten card and phone call. but if you haven't spoken in awhile, an in person "I'm sorry" should be acceptable.
11. How do you keep track of your blog posts? Do you schedule them ahead of time?
I have a calendar that I write down ideas for posts. As to scheduling- I could be better- but I want to say, maybe 40% are scheduled.
linking up with: kathy, liz, & shanna